We today provide a stabilization and bugfix release with version 5.3.1. This is a bugfix-only release, which introduces no new features and as such is a safe and recommended update for everyone currently using KDevelop 5.3.0.
Important changes to AppImage: There have been a couple of significant changes to the AppImage, please check whether it still works for you distribution. The most significant changes were: AppImages are now created on a more recent version of CentOS, now 6.10 instead of 6.8 (which is EOL), plus we no longer ship libfontconfig (cf. commit), libfreetype & libz (cf. commit).
You can find the updated Windows 32- and 64 bit installers, the Linux AppImage, as well as the source code archives on our download page.
- Remove the CVS plugin. This was unusable and would crash if used in most cases, but accidentally remained in 5.3.0 (commit. code review D8950)
- Don't add 'override' specifier for non-modern project settings. (commit. fixes bug #372280. code review D16773)
- Use qCWarning in path.cpp. (commit. code review D17174)
- Fix qmakeproject unittest to work on Windows. (commit. code review D17158)
- Fix defines and includes test to run on Windows. (commit. code review D17156)
- Fix projectmodel unittest to work on Windows. (commit. code review D17130)
- Make the filteringstrategy test work on Windows as well. (commit. code review D17098)
- Fix problem model test on Windows. Make sure that when we create a path the root of that path is created according to what is expected on the current platform. E.g. C: on Windows. (commit. code review D17131)
- Appimage: use original app desktop file as base for appimage one. (commit. code review D17027)
- Make test outputmodel pass on windows. (commit. code review D17077)
- Increase timeout for duchain gcc compatibility test. (commit. code review D16541)
- Auto-find Clazy documentation also with clazy >= 1.4. (commit. fixes bug #401075. code review D16910)
- Disable plugin project config if project without a IBuildSystemManager dep. (commit. fixes bug #400769. code review D16915)
- Appimage: Do not bundle libfontconfig. (commit. code review D16893)
- Cmake: fix missing addition of policies to documentation index. (commit. code review D15882)
- FunctionDefinition: only look for (new/other) function definition if we don't have one. (commit. code review D16356)
- Fix memleaks in duchain unittests. (commit. code review D16458)
- Remove two outdated methods from shipped built-in documentation