After quite some downtime in the last summer weeks, the KDevelop team finally has a new release in the pipelines: KDevelop 4.4.0. Today we are happy to announce the availability of the first Beta release!
This release comes packed with bug fixes and improvements as usually. A special addition to the KDevelop experience is the new welcome page, which should make it easier for newcomers to use KDevelop and improve the workflow for existing users as well. Looking at existing plugins, we note that among others, the CMake, CVS and Patch Review plugins have seen quite some improvements.
Please test this release and give us feedback to ensure a smooth 4.4 release.
You can find the source code available to download on the KDE mirrors: Download KDevelop 4.4 Beta 1.
There, you can also find the changelogs in case you wonder what exactly has happened since KDevelop 4.3.1.
If you are a user of the Custom Buildsystem plugin, you will need to update it as well, see: KDevelop Custom-Buildsystem 1.2.2.
To verify the correctness of your downloaded packages, you can use the following SHA1 and MD5 hashes:
- MD5Sum: 92ab23c7267d88819bddc73ddac23bba
- SHA1Sum: 790a597b1eba9f059a1f7c9a09beb237cb79b4b0
- MD5Sum: ba45caadc1a8022ef97a198ae9ef6e10
- SHA1Sum: ab1c65139247f2e9744246b6fc1eb22b3bd53d51
- MD5Sum: 57622fafdd148a38d6bb14301ad638c0
- SHA1Sum: 1fc4d0a479d239d393edcc9bd1995fd8e5da0692
- MD5Sum: 81b9374dbedf4623d2b9d5a3888b979d
- SHA1Sum: 7413fda5af9e68b8f7aced89f41decd9d43dc7cf
Many thanks to the contributors who made this release possible!